Tuesday, January 31, 2006

To the People in My Life - Thank You

There have been people throughout my life who have made a big impact in one way or another. I would like to take this time to thank these people. Undoubtedly, I will leave some people out as my memory isn't what it once was...but as I think of them, I will update this blog. For the most part, this list is in no particular order...



My husband, Charlie Geyer - Thank you for loving me the way I am. Thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for being a wonderful and responsible provider for your family. Thank you for your unending integrity. Thank you for being a great father. Thank you for accepting that I am not perfect. Thank you for your honesty and your devotion. Thank you for your love.

My daughter, Cassidy Rosita Geyer - Thank you for showing me what true, unconditional love really is. Thank you for your beautiful smiles and your sweet kisses. Thank you for making me smile even on my worst of days. Thank you for reminding me that life is always worth living and living well.

My mother, Becky DeGroot - Thank you for being the best mom you could be. I have been difficult through the years as I am sure many daughters are, but you have always loved and wanted what was best for me. Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being my parent when I was a child and for being my best friend as an adult.

My father, Edward 'Marty' Jocius - Thank you Dad for teaching me how short and precious our lives truly are. Thank you for your humor and wit. Thank you for watching over me as I truly believe you to be.

My stepfather, Randy DeGroot - Thank you for always being there when I need you. Thank you for helping me when I need it the most. Thank you for taking care of us all of these years. Thank you for being more of a father than our own father. Thank you for caring for us and loving us.

My step daughter, Mackenzie Eileen Geyer - Thank you for teaching me that it is possible to love and care for a child that is not of blood relation. Thank you for teaching me that patience is an important virtue to learn. Thank you for teaching me that we all need to be silly sometimes.

My brother, Chad Jocius – Thank you for bringing my beautiful niece into the world. Thank you for not completely beating the crap out of me when we were kids. Thank you for your honesty and support when it is needed the most.

My niece, Leia Jocius - Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for being so darn cute and lovable. I will always always be here for you.

My grandmother, Rose Byrd – Thank you for taking care of us and helping out my mother. Thank you for teaching me manners and how to clean. Thank you for hugging me and saying I love you that last time I saw you before you died. Thank you for watching over me.

My grandmother, Betty Berger – Thank you for all of your humor. Thank you for your openness and bluntness. Thank you for taking us to the pumpkin farm and Browns Lake when we were kids. Thank you for being fun. Thank you for watching over me.

Jack Plate – Thank you for seeing in me what I have wished for so long for people to see…even myself. Thank you for reminding me that I do have good qualities and have the capability of living a true authentic and meaningful life. Thank you for so so much.

My aunt, Sally Manzo – Thank you for keeping in touch from so far away after so many years. Thank you for letting me have that connection to my father’s family. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

My uncle, Mike Jocius – Thank you for trying to keep a bond with us. Thank you for not losing touch with us despite the actions of our father.

Tony ‘Ruben’ Serrano – Thank you for being my best friend for so so long. We have come in and out of each other’s lives so many times, but even after years I always feel comfortable with you. Thank you for your humor. Thank you for your sensitivity and your sarcasm. I miss you.

My ex-boyfriend, Jiro Kaisserlian – Thank you for being my first 'true' love. Thank you for helping me through the death of my father. Thank you for being a loyal and honest boyfriend for 3 years. Thank you for becoming a lasting fond memory I will have with me always. You will always be a part of me.

Kim Emmrich – Thank you for being such an honest and open minded friend to me. And even though our friendship seems to have faded, know I will always be here for you and will always appreciate the many times you were there for me.

Jodi Belland – Thank you for being not only a sister in law, but a friend for a long, long time. We did not always see eye to eye, but we were like sisters that way and I miss you. Also, thank you for Leia.

Paige Putning-Kuypers – Thank you for being such a good friend for all those years. We had so many good times and when I think about some of the happiest moments in my life, you were there. Thank you for coming such a long way to be in my wedding and thank you for always being YOU.

Laura Garner – I have not seen you in over 10 years. Thank you for being one of the best friends I ever had. I often think about if you were still around, how we would be so close now. I miss you and hope one day to find out where the hell you are!

Brian Anderson – Thank you for re-connecting with me after so long. Thank you for being one of the very few people who actually take the time to read my writing. Thank you for being the friend you were all those years ago.

Chris Lay – Thank you for giving me some very fond memories. Thank you for putting a smile on my face every time I hear the song Daydream Believer. Thank you for those long late night phone conversations. And don’t forget…30 years…Bingo…be there!

My mother in law, Nancy Burke
– Thank you for teaching me tolerance. Thank you for teaching me that I cannot change people and that I do not need to. Thank you for helping me realize that what others think of me really doesn’t even matter. And thank you for all the beautiful photographs of our children.

Mark Thomas – Thank you for remembering my birthday those years when I was very lonely. Thank you for always having my best interest at heart. Thank you for the fun times and those too cute smiles.

Eric Schoene – Thank you for being my partner in my first real relationship. Thank you for being there with me when we were both learning our lessons the hard way. Thank you for always, no matter what state our relationship was in, making me feel pretty. There will always be a place for you in my heart. Honk honk..ding ding.

Steve Schoene – You probably don’t even remember, but years ago you showed me some wonderful acts of kindness. I will never forget this and often want to write you expressing my gratitude. Not only did you lend me the money to pay my phone bill, but you rode that scary Milwaukee bus with me all the way into the straight up ghetto to pay it. You treated me very kindly when I was in a dark time and you never made me feel like a loser because of it – please know, it will never be forgotten.


Kevin Neurenberger - Speaking of acts of kindness...there has probably never been a sweeter kinder person ever in my life. I so regret the way I let our friendship sift thru my fingers like golden sand. I miss you emmensly and can only hope for a day when you will reappear into my life. You were there for me during such gloomy times. You treated me far better than I ever deserved. Thank you, Kevin, please never think for a moment I have forgotten your hugs and kind words.

Phil Gister - I want to thank you for giving me something/someone to care about during a time in my life I cared about close to nothing. Thank you for reminding me that we sometimes do get second chances in this life. When you were in your accident, I was so truly worried about you and your future. You brought back to me a compassion I thought I had lost. I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I hope you take complete and full advantage of this second chance you have been given.




As I said, I am leaving people out. And I will continue to fill in the missing ‘thank yous’ as they come to me. This blog will be an ongoing tribute to the people who have made my life what it is today and what it will become. There is a special place in my heart for all of you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for changing my diaper